It be Wednesday…
Leigh and Ben have a nice relaxed show… Even though they have the giggles. Leigh has heard some exciting news that Richard Vobes of Vobes.com is possibly bringing back his show! Leigh want’s everyone to contact Richard via twitter and lovingly bully his to bring back the Vobes Show. However, it slowly dawns on Leigh that Richard is way more talented than Leigh – with Richard recently publishing a book: Splidge Children’s books, AND Bald Explorer, and Naked Englishman podcasts – turns Leigh crazy.
Meanwhile, Ben plays 5-a-side football with 8 players. We have great insight about what happens at a scratch-match – we learn many things. Ben likes playing football casually, with polite subtle racism.
A new T-shirt AND something HUGE is coming at the end of October… If you’re getting your Christmas list to give to friends, there will be something coming that you may want to have, that will have to be quick it you want it signed before end of year.
Top 5 Geeky News:
- Counterfeit Xbox One makers charged in US and Australia: Four people have been charged in the US and one in Australia for their alleged involvement in a hacking ring that stole pre-release video game data.Prosecutors have claimed that members of the group managed to use some of the information to create counterfeit versions of the Xbox One console.
- Microsoft unveils Windows 10 system with Start Menu: Microsoft has disclosed the first details of Windows 10 – its next operating system (OS). The name is a surprise, bearing in mind it represents a jump from the last version – Windows 8.
- Snoop Dogg’s cash for Reddit users in sharing scheme: Rapper Snoop Dogg, actor Jared Leto and Paypal co-founder Peter Thiel are among the famous names investing in social news site Reddit. The site said it raised $50m (£31m) in funding, and that it would take the unusual step of giving some of it to its users in the form of shares.
- Cheryl Cole ‘most dangerous celebrity’ says security firm: X Factor judge Cheryl Cole has been named as the “most dangerous celebrity” online in the UK. A security firm has been measuring the amount of malicious websites linked to a star’s name.
- Voice-activated devices pose security threat: Voice-activated smartphones and other devices can be a significant security risk, warn researchers. An expert at security firm AVG found some voice-activated systems responded just as well to fake voices as they did to that of the owner.
Thousands of customers have been unable to renew their car tax online, after the DVLA website was swamped. A film adaptation of the classic ‘80s video game “Tetris” will be falling into theaters sometime in the near future.
On Extra Dirty:
- There a HUGE things coming at end of October – Ben ruins one of the surprises
- Online auction giant eBay pays just £620,000 of UK tax on £1.3billion of sales
Get Extra Dirty here: http://www.patreon.com/creation?hid=1038766
It be Wednesday POSTSHOW…
Leigh met up with Richard Vobes of Vobes.com, as he was working near Bury St Edmunds, on Monday night. Great issues were had with the Bar having rubbish Greene King IPA (especially when the bar is about 700yrds from the Greene King Brewery). The Vobes had to settle for a Guinness Surger – a strange, and weird tasting excuse for a Guinness.
In March 2006, Guinness introduced the “surger” in Britain. The surger is a plate-like electrical device meant for the home. It sends ultrasonic waves through a Guinness-filled pint glass to recreate the beer’s “surge and settle” effect. The device works in conjunction with special cans of surger-ready Guinness. Guinness tried out a primitive version of this system in 1977 in New York. The idea was abandoned until 2003, when it began testing the surger in Japanese bars, most of which are too small to accommodate traditional keg-and-tap systems. Since then, the surger has been introduced to bars in Paris. Surgers are also in use in Australia,Singapore and Greece. The surger for the US market was announced on 14 November 2007; plans were to make the unit available to bars only.
On Tuesday, Leigh met up with Ginger Martin from his Cambridge University days. It was interesting to compare both conversations, especially as he discussed his plans for Canvas with both.
It be Monday…
The UK is Bipolar – so today: Stock taking and chavs, Last Scouts meeting, What is a Douche?, IFF chemical spillage, Skull Penetration, Swiss Sex Lay-bys, Zoo keeper sleeping with Lions, PLUS some lovely Geeky News. Continue reading “DB262 – Penetration anyone?”
It be Wednesday…
On this lovely cloud-free sunny show we talk about Daleks celebrating the royal wedding, Bananas (and the royal wedding), Ginger Steve (from the chatroom) playing with my Mixer nipples, Flag Tattoos to promote ‘World Peace’, PLUS a lovely Afternoon Tea with Leigh and Richard Vobes of Vobes.com (Coffee also provided) [Teaser 1 | Teaser 2 | Teaser 3 | Teaser 4 | Teaser 5].
DON’T FORGET THE ‘ALTERNATIVE’ ROYAL WEDDING COMMENTARY BY DIRTY BOXERS!
Friday 29th April 2011 – From 9am BST (Till Leigh is bored!)
It be Thursday…
Today we focus mainly on Feedback from Brennig, and how Leigh feels about the show after Tony ‘The Batty-Boy’ leaving. Also discuss about Chinese attempts at Royal weddings, Viagra Beer, Moonwalking politicians, and £4 million ‘Imagination’ Rocks in a Playground… As well as the usual geeky news.
It be Tuesday…
On today’s show we have emergency back-up news, World’s smallest Caravan: ‘The QTvan’, themed news [DEATH], weird news, as well as that geeky news stuff! WOW… I know, how exciting is that?
It be Monday… BOO!
Stuff covered in this show:
- Sponsor: 10% of domain names over at www.hover.com/dirtyboxers
- Sponsor: Amazingly affordable hosting: www.astrahosting.co.uk
- Changed a few things with the studio
- Tony at Big School today
- It’s so light
- Birthday party
- Worrying about my Godson
- Very tired
- Weird News
- Cartoon I was trying to remember: The Busy World of Richard Scarry [ Video ]
- Celebrity Trash
- Chart of today’s show
- Richard Vobes
- Geeky News
How to Support the Show:
- Buy a share of our NEW BOOK: http://dirtyboxers.net/book
- Buy something from our store: Coming soon
- Become our friend on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dbpodcast
Contact the Show:
- Email us email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use our NEW flashy contact form http://dirtyboxers.net/contact
- Twitter @dirtyboxers
- Voicemail Line 01223 96 95 45 (international: 00 44 1223 96 95 45)
- Skype Voicemail dirty.boxers
Presenter Leigh Brown
Assistant Producer Tony Thatcher
Producer Will Stephenson
Executive Producer Sir Mike Collins Esq. CBE